spaghetti in a saucepan of salted boiling water, as per instructions
2. Place the chopped anchovy fillets in a medium frypan with oil and let it infuse. Mix the garlic and chilli on low heat.
3. Fry the capers off with vegetable oil until they open up like a flower and are crispy.
4. When spaghetti is al dente, drain (reserving some of the cooking water) and place the spaghetti into the frypan with the anchovies.
5. Toss through the pasta for 2 minutes to coat, adding reserved cooking water if needed.
6. Sprinkle leftover anchovy fillets on top of the capers to serve.
Best served immediately; add salt and pepper to taste